CUBO Study Tour 2013
|Date:||June 26, 2013 - July 3, 2013|
CUBO STUDY TOUR 2013 – PROGRAMME
The Association of College and University Business Officers (CUBO) is delighted to host the CUBO Study Tour 2013. This is the first international study tour of its kind to take place in the United Kingdom, will take you on an exciting 620-mile route across Scotland and England. Along the way, delegates will visit and get to stay in a wide range of the UK’s award-winning Universities, which offer both traditional and contemporary facilities. In addition, visits to world-famous sites and free time to explore will be included in the programme.
Delegates will meet a number of key colleagues working in different areas including accommodation, welfare support/pastoral care, living/learning experience, commercial/retail services, conference services, hospitality services and sports facilities. There will be opportunities to fact find and gain wide-ranging knowledge, as each University visited is unique. It goes without saying that delegates will benefit from invaluable networking opportunities with colleagues across the globe.
The route takes in the breath-taking cities of Edinburgh, with its world famous history, architecture and cultural attractions, Sheffield (The Steel City), Liverpool (former home of The Beatles), the dreamy spires of Oxford and the capital, London, which will include something special around the awe-inspiring Olympic Stadium.
The tour concludes with onward travel to the University of Essex for the CUBO Annual Conference 2013. The CUBO Annual Conference can be booked separately and details are available at: http://conference.cubo.org.uk/.The CUBO Study Tour is initially available to those working in non-UK universities. The cost of the tour is £500 per delegate, which includes 7 nights’ accommodation, visiting at least six universities and five evening meals.
For enquiries, please contact Lisa Weatherall at [email protected] or on +44 (0) 114 222 8905
NB – This is a provisional programme with locations subject to change
University of Edinburgh (2 nights)
University of Sheffield (2 nights)
University of Liverpool (1 night)
London (2 nights)
University of Essex for CUBO Conference 2013
Universities visited on the study tour:
- University of Edinburgh
- Queen Margaret University
- University of York
- University of Sheffield
- University of Liverpool
- University of Oxford
- University College London
- Imperial College London
- University of Essex
Terms and conditions
The Study Tour is initially available to those working in non-UK universities. Should there be any spare places, the Study Tour will be opened up to those working in UK universities.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The delegate fee is in GBP£500. (The registration fee includes: tours of at least six Universities; coach travel from Edinburgh to London; accommodation for seven nights from 26 June 2013 to 2 July 2013; and five evening meals. The CUBO Annual Conference 2013 at The University of Essex is at an additional cost to be advised.)
- Full payment of the delegate fee must be made prior to the conference. Delegates will not be admitted to the tour without full payment.
- Delegates can pay securely online by credit/debit card
- If you have any problems with your online registration please contact Lisa Weatherall at [email protected] or on +44 (0) 114 222 8905 for assistance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellations must be notified in writing by email to l.j.weat[email protected]
- Cancellations received up to 31 March 2013 will incur a £75 administration fee.
- No refund will be given for cancellations received after 31st March 2013.
- Registrations can be transferred to another delegate at any time. Please note that your registration is not secure until payment has been received.
- Please note that your registration is not secure until payment has been received. If payment is not received your registration risks being cancelled.
- Delegates must declare any health issues
- Should you have special needs for food or mobility requirements, or have any other special requirements please let us know when you register and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
- Delegates will be responsible for providing their own travel insurance.
- Delegates are responsible for booking their own accommodation prior to 26 June 2013.
Joining Instructions and Tour Details
- Joining instructions and tour details will be emailed to you prior to the Study Tour.